"Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress. It’s a love story, baby just say ‘Yes.’” // Taylor Swift
Get hyped y’all!! It’s the second installment in the 2016 favorites blog posts! This installment?! ENGAGEMENTS!
In my opinion engagement sessions are a really important part of the wedding photography process. I love this chance I get with my clients to photograph them without all of the hustle and bustle of the wedding day. No timelines to adhere to. No bridesmaids fighting for attention. No mom’s worrying about family photos. No coordinators fussing about staying on schedule. Just me. My clients. My lens. And the sunset. In a location of their choosing.
These are my top 5 reasons why you should have an engagement session:
- You Should Be Celebrating! You just got engaged! Celebrate it!
- They're Extra Personal! You can personalize your engagement session to match exactly who you are as a couple!
- Less Watchful Eyes! It's just me and you baby! No one else. Less awkward, more fun.
- You Get A Chance For The Best Light! Sunset time is the best time and you don't always get time for it on the wedding day!
- It Gives Us A Chance To Get To Know Each Other! A full two hours of my undivided attention to learn who you are and for you to learn who I am!
I’m so passionate about engagement sessions that I have them included in all of my packages. I also have recently written a blog post that goes into each of these five reasons more in depth. If you'd like to read more about my love of engagement sessions, click here.
In 2016 I got to work with some amazing couples. Some I’ve already photographed their wedding. Some I have not. I cannot wait to see what my 2017 weddings hold and I cannot wait to photograph more couples this year.